Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last night...

Okay, so this is 2 days in a row. Just don't get excited b/c I'm pretty sure this won't be an everyday thing, but for now, here's my 2nd post...

I was uploadiing pics to Facebook last night and it was getting uber late, but I was bound and determined to get them all on there since I'm not really good at keeping up w/ that. Anyway, my phone rang at 2:53 AM and I thought it must be important, so I answered it. Yeah, it WAS. My friend called because her heart had been broken and she just cried. I was so sad for her. The guy led her on (unintentionally) and well, the result is broken heart. The sad thing is that she thought everything she was hearing was God's voice. She felt like she should allow this guy to pursue her b/c she thought it was God. She took this road trip to go see him because she thought it was God. She then found herself crying on the phone utterly confused because she really sincerely thought she had heard from God about this guy.

I knew how she felt...can't tell ya how many times I have leaped in one direction or another believing that I was hearing from God. I've done it so much that I only recently have begun to trust that I'm actually hearing His voice and that's only b/c of what happened during my 3 mth internship.

Anyway, back to last night...we talked and I shared w/ her my MANY moments of not hearing Him when I thought I was and therefore, well, we'll just call it what it is, I was in sin, idolatry to be specific. I was in idolatry for like 5 yrs regarding marriage b/c I thought this guy or that guy was from God when they ended up being totally NOT from God. My friend and I then chatted about the fact that she is growing leaps and bounds as she has recently stopped having premarital sex. I told her, "That's a BIG deal to God. He's not looking at you pointing at this specific thing in saying that you shouldn't have gone on this trip. Was it good for you? No. But He gets you and He loves that you're choosing to trust Him." Yeah, so it was a good convo. We prayed and I think she felt a little better. It's going to take time, but I trust the Jesus in her.

I got off the phone and looked up and thanked God for WHO He is b/c just the other day, I got a text from one of "those" guys, but b/c I've recently come to ADORE Daddy God, I was like, "Is that all you've got, devil, seriously? Not today. You're gonna have to try harder."

This whole adoring my Father is new to me...at least at this deeper level, but I'm loving every minute of it.

What are your thoughts about adoring Him? What are your thoughts about hearing His voice? Have you ever leaped before you realized that it wasn't Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment